Saturday, December 11, 2010

First Night Night without Nursing

I put my son to bed tonight without nursing him. I expected it to be a tantrumy heartbreaking fight, but actually he hardly seemed to notice. It took a few more song verses and rocking than normal but not a lot and he went down about three hours ago and hasn't been heard from since.

I thought I'd be sad tonight. I was dreading it all day. We decided to go for it because I agreed with my husband that we would phase out night time nursing by Christmas and I want it to be routine for him before we travel so it pretty much had to start this weekend. I literally was battling off nausea during bath time I was just so anxious. But afterwards, it felt like any other night. Just one more step in my baby not being a baby anymore. I can't believe how fast it's all slipping away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel about the speed at which our children grow. Just four short months ago, I had a tiny ham baby. A litte sack of sugar. A wee loaf of bread. Now he weighs almost as much as the dog, is eating cereal and practicing his raspberries. (I've been thinking a lot already about how I want to have another one, the sweet baby phase just doesn't last long enough!)