Monday, June 21, 2010

Adirondack Redwing Burgers



I just wanted to do a quick review of these turkey burgers from Rachael Ray. I had hoped to make a more substantive recipe post but as time passes by I just want to get this one up before I forget all about it. (And for some reason I now feel I may have already posted about it, but here it goes anyway.) They are really easy to make as long as you have a food processor and very very good. I think combining the onions, celery, and carrots into the ground turkey helps keep the patties from drying out. I was never able to find "sandwich sized" English muffins so I used whole wheat Sandwich Thins instead which are just in the regular grocery store bread section. Also, I don't know how it will taste with blue cheese since I forgot to buy that and Husband won't touch blue cheese anyway. The hot pepper sauce I used was plain Tabasco sauce and I mixed in a little bit of Worcestershire sauce for good measure. Reviews were split 50/50 on the addition of the pickle relish but as with any toppings you're always free to pick and choose without particularly dire consequences.

Oy. That's all for now, but I'm hoping to catch myself up this week.

Photo by Marcus Nilsson

No comments: