Monday, June 7, 2010

Nothing Helps the Blues Like Achieving a Goal

Things have been a little sad and gloomy around here what with my mom's situation and the oil spill finally reaching us in full force, but one good thing that is happening this week is that Thursday I will have met my goal of cooking a different entree every night for a month. Hooray!

Monday: Brinner-Cheese grits, fried eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat toast
Tuesday: Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa and Roasted and Pureed Cauliflower
Wednesday: Whole Wheat Lasagna
Thursday: Chicken Quesadillas with Rice and Beans
Friday: Rachael Ray Sloppy Chipotle Joes with Sweet Potato Oven Fries

So there you have it. I win at dinner! I think. I'll have to go back and look to make sure as I've been in a bit of a haze. :-) I've found a lot of side dish recipes to incorporate a wider variety of vegetables into our lives and my new goal is to try a new side dish recipe and a new entree recipe (though not necessarily together) every week for two months. As always, feel free to join in the fun at: Mindful Menus

1 comment:

Angie said...

YAY! What a great goal to achieve! I am going to check out some of your links! Sounds so yummy!