Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh Mothers-in-Law

My MIL is coming into town this weekend. Ostensibly to help me out, but since I'm trying to cut back on nursing naptime is a bit more upsetting initially for my son than it used to be. It's hard enough as it is, but ANY time our child is let to cry (which is very, very rare and only when it can't be helped) my MIL makes this big deal about how terrible it is and he "shouldn't have to cry when Granny's here", etc. And frankly, this is entirely unhelpful. I had really hoped to do totally baby-led weaning, but unfortunately I've come to the realization that I need to have him weaned by 1.5 years if I want to have a year where my body just belongs to me before trying for another pregnancy, which I think is important for me to do. Point being, it's hard to have him upset when it's something I'm not really wanting to do anyway and she will aggravate the issue I'm certain. He still nurses twice a day (once in the morning once at night) but we've cut out all other sessions.

The other thing, is that she waffled until the last minuted about coming or not and I still don't know if she's coming tonight or in the morning but that's supposed to be fine because she insists I don't have to clean for her.

I do have to clean for her.

If I don't clean she will and it's embarrassing. On top of which her and her sisters are always trash talking the wives of my husband's cousins for their housekeeping abilities. Nevermind that most of the wives work full-time. Apparently, the full blame for the various states of cleanliness still falls on them.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

I am currently looking at your blog for recipe ideas. I lose at dinner. 35 weeks and I don't want to eat jack except peanut butter crackers. My child isn't going to be properly nutrished.

I would also like to say that your house has always looked lovely every time I've been in it.

Summer said...

Aww thanks.